The Business has been beekeeping for nearly 70 years. The Business has been continuously operated for four generations by the same family. They currently have 1,000 - 1,500 live bee hives (will know for certain in early Spring), 500 dead hives, 11,000+ shallow Supers for honey capturing, and two 84-frame extractors.
The Business currently has working relationships with over 75 regional farmers and property owners for seasonal hive placements. The business ships 4-5 semi-trailers of bees per year to California & Arizona generating substantial rents from grove operators. In addition, the Business is a member of a national honey co-op.
This business can be relocated.
- Asking Price: $300K
- 2021 Gross Sales: $517K
- 2021 SDE: $92K
- Includes $200K in FF&E
- Includes $600,000 in Seller proposed Inventory value for hives and supers
- Real Estate: Not included asking price. Seller wishes to sell real estate with business. More information available for qualified buyers who sign NDA.
- Year Established: 1953
- Commercial Property: Property is in a small Eastern Iowa town, with a two-story farm building (approximately 10,000sf) for production and storage, a laydown yard for equipment, trucks and trailers, and a tall pole barn for repairs, maintenance, and storage (approximately 4,000 sf).
- Market Pros: The Business has had a long-standing loyal customer base for every season of the year for decades.
- Employees: 1 Full Time Owner, 1 Part-Time Owner, 3 Part-Time Employees
- Support & Training: The Seller will assist the new owner for a full and successful transition.
- Reason for Selling: Retirement
Upon receipt of this completed and digitally executed NDA below (or from direct link here) we will follow up by phone and/or e-mail to qualify providing the complete offering memorandum and schedule a time to discuss the opportunity further.